View Single Post
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 16:38   #2
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Of score (and game mentality)

An excellent opening post, I'm curious to see where this will go!

One issue that springs to my mind is to have this XP system (or whatever you want to call it) not scaling up through the round, or perhaps it would be better to say it should scale with attacker/defender ratios. What I'm trying to say is that with the two current systems (value and XP), the rate of score gain grows, because of the increased roid amounts. You get more XP for landing a similar attack later on in the round because the bravery is multiplied by the number of roids, thus making the gains from a similar attack earlier in the round worth less.

With your proposed system, I'd like to see that actively score gathering in the early round is just as beneficial as in the later stages. If not, an alliance/player could avoid major activity and just passively manage (fence), growing bigger fleets without much effort that won't contribute much to score, but will be a big provider of score later on if they choose to get off their fence and join a war.

A good start to the round can be helpful, but is not hugely important at the moment. That's not to say I want to make it hard for people to catch up if they fall behind, but I want to try and put alliances off avoiding conflict until the latter stages of the round.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote