View Single Post
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 13:35   #64
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all
Re: State of planetarion, round 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
1342 is about 93% of the 1437 frpm r14.

My point is that I genuinely believe that PA can continue for plenty of rounds yet. Working to improve the game is worth doing because it makes it more fun for us, and may help stabilise or even increase the # of players.

PA's selling point is its ease of access and the fact it can be played from work and so on. With mobile tech allowing browsers in more places now, I think there's a market segment that PA can tap. We're not going to see a surge in player numbers, but I think we can make the game more entertaining for all of us and help keep new players' interest long enough to get a number of them hooked. Which would be a great thing IMO.
Yeah I agree, it's easy to access and relatively ease to get into. So we should probably change the scanning system aswell.

An idea other than the second scan planet I talked about earlier. Make every scan (or maybe everything until newsscans and let the other scans take longer to research?) available from the beginning and make it so that you can scan with 0 amps. At the moment, someone with 1 amp can scan someone with 1 dist, so why not be able to scan someone with 0 dists with 0 amp? This way you could still use dists and alliance scanners (planets with a large number of amps) will still be needed to scan the dist whores or save res by not 'wasting' res on scans. That makes the game a little more accessible without changing the current game concept or introduce much coding.

Changes:
- start with some research already done
- make 0 amps able to scan.

I'm no coder, but that would take 5 mins tops?

edit: I see that Gate made sort of the same suggestion on the suggestion forum

Last edited by paolo; 5 Mar 2008 at 13:42.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote