View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 20:30   #32
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Time to rethink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
This fellow who got shot 5 time by the police because they _tought_ he were a terrorist, is confirmed NOT to be linked to the terrorism. Congrats to the London police, you're now murderers.
I dont think this follows - mistakes can happen, even mistakes which result in innocents being killed. I dont think the man's guilt is the most important factor here - I'm more concerned with whether the police had good reason to believe he was guilty. If all available evidence made it reasonable to assume this man was a bomber, then I dont think the police are murders - just people who made a tragic mistake for which they cant be held responsible. People arent omniscient, and all that you can ask is that they make the correct decisions based on the knowledge which is actually available to them.

Before you could say the police were murders, you'd have to show that the situation was mishandled. As I said before, it certainly does look that way, but actually establishing this requires more than just showing the man was innocent.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote