View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:15   #13
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Time to rethink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
A certain someone having been shot five times. FIVE TIMES. I have fired semi-automatic hand guns (if that's what was used - an automatic rifle you wouldn't have been able to count the shots so easily) - five times is not just a calculated professional way to bring down a fugitive, at least it doesn't seem that way to most people who aren't getting emotionally defensive about it.
If they shout "armed police, stop!" multiple times, as they're required to do by law, and a man who's just exited a house being watched under suspicion of housing terrorists runs towards a train with wires coming out from underneath a bulky coat (worn in summer nonetheless, slightly out of seaon), I'd prefer they shot him rather than ran the risk of allowing him to detonate another bomb.

If they're shooting him, and he could have volatile explosive material strapped to his body, I'd prefer they shot him in the face rather than do his job for him.

If they're going to shoot him in the face, you're going to kill him. What difference does 5 shots make over 1 shot, rather than making it more certain you are performing the task you set out to do? Killing someone with one bullet or 5 doesn't really seem that different to me.

I sincerely doubt anyone completely innocent would run from armed police shouting repeatedly at him with weapons drawn. Unless they had a death wish, and in which case, wish granted.