View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 13:33   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Worst Birhday ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I do still have somewhat of a point, though. Suicide is the second most common cause of death for Norwegian young men (age 10-24) according to Statistics Norway (www.ssb.no), and third most common for young women.
I think that's the case in most Western countries. It's possible this is because suicide rates are higher, but I think it has more to do with the fact that we simply die much less of diseases and accidents, making the relatively few suicides (I mean, 20 in 100k is not exactly huge) the (or one of the) prime cause(s) of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Yeah, they might never do these things - but that doesn't matter, life is much more tolerable if you know where the emergency exits are located.
It is interesting to note that suicide is also one such emergency exit, although many wouldn't consider it to be. Knowing that, whenever you really can't take it any more, you can shoot yourself with the gun in the drawer under your bed can be a big consolidation, up to the point of actually decreasing the chance you one day actually use it*.

* Admittedly, that last part is speculation, although combined with some blogs/diaries I've read that were written by people who were or are depressed and/or suicidal. It would probably be interesting to conduct a study to get some more substantial evidence, although I highly doubt it'd work out in practice (if only because of the moral issues most people have with giving suicidally depressed people a means to kill themselves, just to see what happens).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 29 Sep 2007 at 13:43.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote