Thread: Tooth ache.
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 10:01   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Tooth ache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Tonight I went to the emergency dental clinic to get my teeth looked at. Since friday night I have had an enormous amount of pain across the left side of my jaw, this has resulted in bugger all sleep for the last few nights. Last night was no different with me finally getting to sleep at roughly 4am, great, except I have to be up for work at 6am. So 6am arrives and I think bugger this and phone in to work, explain the situation and blag the day off before returning to bed. Upon re-awakening at 9am I resolve to find a dentist to get myself checked out. I haven't been to a dentist for 5 years, this could be tricky, finally after trying all sorts of emergency lines I find somewhere I can go. The appointment is set up for 7.30pm. Me and my mothers boyfriend arrive at the dental clinic as he needs to have a tooth pulled, we go in, the dentist prods, scrapes and does god knows what to my teeth all the while asking if this or that hurts. It doesn't, I've been in agony for days and with this man poking and scraping it doesn't hurt for some reason. He decides to take a couple of x-rays as he can't see anything wrong. A little while later after he's treated a few other people he calls me back in, after looking at the x-rays and having another poke around he still cant find anything wrong. This is the story of my life, I am in pain and there is no cause to be found, so he prescribes me a course of anti-biotics and tells me to call back in a week if there is no change.
It could be neurovascular pain. This sometimes manifests itself as a pain that feely just like severe tooth or jaw ache. If your dentist really cannot find anything wrong and starts suggesting things like root canal surgery or tooth extraction, then go and see a neurologist first, since Neurovascular pain can be treated with just medication.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote