View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 05:08   #35
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Scientific Proof of Life After Death

It's impossible to prove whether there is life after death or not
The lack of proof would suggest that there isn't

but that isn't really the reason why I don't believe in life after death

I've seen people who were litterly not more then animals in their behaviour and people living in constant pain in nursing homes
It's safe to say that your brain limits your spirit, maybe to such an extend that it is the same
it's also obvious that no higher force is looking after those people

Ofcourse that doesn't has to mean their is no such thing as an afterlife,
but it did give me that impression as religion and the idea of an afterlife are highly intertwined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
From a none technical view, it really is hard to argue wrather there is life after death or not. The only fact is that people have been revived after their hearts stopped beating. That raises the question of exactly where were these people during the time that they were "dead"? I think thats the heart of the issue really. The whole discussion about life after death as a whole always carries over into a religious discussion.
If your brain doesn't get enough oxygen it simply seizes to function, until it gets fueled again
The thing is that a brain quickly deteriorates in such a state so the chance to activate it again is very slim
and the chances of the person having mental problems afterwards is very high

Besides the failing godpart of most afterlife theories the idea of an afterlife raises the following questions:

Your body self-destructs and it get's recycled again.. Organic tissue will stay here on earth
So where would all the new souls from babies come from if they arn't organic?
Are they being created by organic beings? Is a brain a soul catching shell? It seems very far fetched

And what's the case with animals, they do think like us but according to most religions
(where the idea of an afterlife comes from) most animals have no place in the afterlife

The answers seem fairly obvious to me
Believers of an afterlife believe in speculations which are limited by our own imagination

It's possible to raise a hundred questions about the afterlife, and maybe even answer them all
you can make the universe as complicated as you want.. but that doesn't makes it more true

Last edited by Alessio; 3 Jan 2007 at 06:20.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote