View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 20:32   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The GD Music Archive

Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights

Yes, they do sound a bit like Joy Division. No, this probably isn't as good as Closer. But given that the album sounds this fantastic, does it really matter?

Track to sample - NYC.

Ace of Base - Happy Nation

The label 'pop music' is bordering on the meaningless - is anything interesting really being said when it is asserted that the Beatles, Steps, and Franz Ferdinand are all contributing to the same genre of music? If, however, we can agree to define pop music as cheerfully undemanding uplifting music, then this is still the best pop album of all time.

Tracks to sample -Don't Turn Around, Happy Nation.

The Arcade Fire - Funeral

This is my favourite album of 2004, if not the millenium. Incredibly emotional indie rock which always sounds a bit familiar, but seems to do everything just slightly better than what you're expecting. I thought it was a bit generic on the first listen, but after the third time through I was hooked.

Tracks to sample - The whole album, seriously. It's one of those rare ones where every single track is in the right place, and contributes to the sound as a whole - picking out individual songs would be akin to sacrilege. If I had to pick a favourite track it would be Crown of Love, but I doubt it would even sound that good isolated from the rest of the album.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote