View Single Post
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 07:18   #84
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Britain to be shot down and quarantined by the thought police

The reason people are so eager to accept the possibility of God creating the universe, having a hand in creating us and/or that there is some all powerful being is just because they are scared.

People don't want to think that their lives could have been just the result of random chance. That they are unexplainable. That they are essentially meaninless, apart from the process of passing on their genes.
The explaining away of their creation and their lives into science hits that part of their psyche that goes "****! If that's true, then when I die nothing happens! Nothing I do is for anything! AAaaAAaaaAA".

So they resist.

So you'll never convince someone entrenched in their beliefs that there is categoricaly no mystery/divinity/plan to this universe.

It's why this argument is destined to continue for a very long time.