Thread: Travelling
View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 11:23   #19
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Travelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
I've looked at routes for my girlfriend and I which would be: London -> Bangkok -> Sydney -> Auckland -> Fiji -> Cook Islands -> Tahiti -> LA -> New York -> London.
I've always had a problem with Auckland as a New Zealand stopover on a round the world trip. Now I live there, and it is a lovely city, but I certainly don't think of it as a tourist destination as far as NZ is concerned.

Most people come here to see the scenery - perhaps because they noticed it in the Lord of the Rings. Most of that scenery is in the South Island; about as far from Auckland as Edinburgh is from London.

Incidentally on my last trip to the South Island I flew around Mt Cook in a helicopter and walked the Milford track (a 3 day hike) down into Milford Sound. Both of which are awfully touristy things to do, but I felt justified in that I almost never get the chance to visit the South Island, and it really is beautiful.