Thread: A few changes
View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2015, 22:09   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
A few changes

Here is a few ideas for some changes. I debated making a series of posts, decided would put them all here and can make new posts if it seems there is any legs in any of the ideas...

1)
How about a round where, if you declare war ingame, then the alliance you are hitting gets NO salvage in defence and the bash limits are removed?
And add in that any other alliance hitting the alliance declared war on gets a REDUCED cap of only 10%.

2)
Remove scanners. Seriously, I can't remember any time when someone is unscannable, so make all scans except I-scans ignore dists. Then scanning becomes much more planet based (do your own damn scans).

3)
Tag limit. With no scanners needed, spots not needed for scanners. Drop tag to 50 with all 50 counted (or only 40 counted). Have score earned when not in a tag, lost. Why should another alliance get score for a planet who hasn't been with them.

4)
Night play. It is rubbish.
Alternate rounds so that on 'some' rounds, roid cap or score is increased x 0.5 or something for attacks launched after 0959 gametime. Make attacking during those timezones attractive for some rounds.

5)
Change the way alliances/galaxies/planets 'win'. Can be value/score/xp but alternate it. Force people to think about how they play. An attacking round could be a value round (harder to build value). A defensive round an xp round. Etc etc. Calculate ranks based on this rather than always score.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote