View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2016, 13:11   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How many races should their be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
The race is ment to be a thorn in the side of these top planets. They can focus solely on attacking, don't need defships and can actually steal ALOT of res from these top planets. (...) think: 5-6 ticks of income for each wave landing
Why would a top planet keep 5-6 ticks of income around when it's getting hit with cargoships? And anyway, I would need to land 4 such attacks a day to keep up with other planets. I'd guess the land rate of solo attacks is about 50%, so that would mean 8 attacks a day, 4 at daytime, 4 at night. That's a lot of effort to get in the same ballpark as normal value planets, which send maybe 3 fleets a day, and even if they don't land for a while, their roids will continue giving them income.

The thing is, while gaining resources is the goal of value-based PA strategies, you don't actually want to have to go out to get resources directly. It's much more efficient to sit on your ass gaining value passively, ie from your roids. Sitting on 500 roids is better than capping X ticks worth of income that those 500 roids would generate, for almost any X, because if you have the roids (not necessarily capped in one attack or even one day), you get the income even if you don't land for a while, whereas if you depend on stealing resources, you have to cap every day or fall behind.

And that's on top of requiring that there's no methods of stopping you from capping even if you land clean, by hiding the treasure (whatever it is) in some way.

Quote:
1) The entire point is they don't need to keep up.
Yes, you really do. I'm not saying every planet has to work in a value-based way (preferably not, in fact), but PA is a competitive game, and if you start off your argument with "well, this race can't keep up, but", then you've already lost.

Quote:
2) Hiding ships takes 8 ticks - what if my alliance sends a wave 2?
Hiding ships is currently instant, is this a new feature you're suggesting? What about if I launch (or prelaunch) my ships for a tick, can newRace still get at them then?

Quote:
3) Having ships in prod means there is half-finished ships and stocks of resources in these factories. Those could be mine, if I only tried to actually get them!
I kind of like this idea, as it counters stocking in a natural way. I suspect planets would just build more factories, though, to ensure you can always prod out your stocks if you get hit by newRace.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote