View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2010, 01:31   #196
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Alliance player limit

Apprime
Ascendancy
ASS
Conspiracy Theory
DLR
Euphoria
Evolution
Excessum
F-crew
Howling Rain
Newdawn
ODDR
Omen
Orbit
P3nguins
ROCK
Subh
VGN
Vision
xVx

This is my list of 20 alliances that i think can operate in the same round if tags are only allowed 50 people. In this imaginary world, having all those tags on 50 members will certainly change this game a lot, especially politically. I am convinced that each individual will be nursed and treated more as a community member rather then one of the masses.

So many posters here forget what really matters. You need the customers to like this game enough to stay for another round, and currently the game is all about the metagame (communities and irc)

I therefore suggest a user-friendly approach to the alliance limit.
- Tag limit of 50
- Announce it as soon as possible so alliances have a lot of time to prepare.
- Increase the tag limit with a certain size every round, for instance allowing 55 members the following round. Given there are 20 functional alliances, everyone like it enough to stay in their tag, and noone gets kicked out, 100 new spots will be open for new or returning players.

The reason i believe in this system is because Planetarion is a business, depending on how much each individual wants to keep paying to play. No business get new customers, or keep their old ones, unless they get something in return. In this case they will leave if they are bored or bullied out. In a business, the most important thing is to expect an increase in customers, or keep all of your current ones. Changes has to be made according to the current amount of players, and then adjusted as the game grows.

A final point though, if any large changes are done at all, plan to stick with the changes for atleast 3 rounds so the playerbase can adapt.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote