View Single Post
Unread 16 May 2010, 22:44   #188
BigGayAl

BigGayAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
I have no idea what this has to do with anything. Or much of your previous post. Maybe a couple of more poor quality jokes will liven this thread up!
that was to membrivio. By the way, I'm reading several articles agreeing with what I said about relativity...

"The Reception in the U.S.

As a result, the early response to the theory of relativity in the U.S. before 1908 was to ignore it......... After 1908, scientists began to respond to Einstein. The majority ridiculed relativity theory as nonsense ...... The climax of these kinds of remarks came at the 1911 meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science when W. F. Magie, in his presidential address, called for a return to Newton ........ Later, as the theory became accepted, especially after the dramatic confirmation in 1919, physicists stressed that it had been empirically proved."

"Relativity in Great Britain

Up until 1919, many British scientists opposed relativity theory, largely because they believed in the existence of an ether. It was Sir Arthur Eddington, Professor of Astronomy at Cambridge, who pushed British scientists to discuss Einstein’s theories. In 1918 ..."

"The French Response

At the very least, the reception of relativity in France can be described as “mixed”. Within the scientific community as a whole, the concepts of relativity made slow headway and initially encountered either indifference or hostility ........ Almost overnight Einstein became an international celebrity and Einstein’s fame was such that the opposition to his theories was considerably reduced. Throughout the 1920’s relativity theory was established in Britain."

"Canada:

... Between 1911 and 1916 there were a few discussions in the journal concerning relativity theory but no mention of Einstein by name until 1916. Over the next few years a number of hostile letters were published in the journal. ..."

And so forth. Just from http://www.arts.yorku.ca/huma/kateya.../Reception.doc - first majorly appropriate google result I found, that was seemingly researched as opposed to ... wikipedia.

Not that the article is right, but it certainly agrees 100% with everything I said on the matter its nice to know I'm not the only idiot out there!
BigGayAl is offline   Reply With Quote