View Single Post
Unread 16 May 2010, 21:43   #180
BigGayAl

BigGayAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
As long as someone is willing to honestly debate me on a subject, I will oblige to the best of my ability. If proven wrong, I will accept that. However, when I encounter people who are intellectually lazy and either do not wish to engage in real, meaningful discussion or who wish to have all the answers handed to them, my tone changes. Put simply, such an unwillingness to learn and comprehend, and such a disregard for scientific theory as has been displayed by Kaiba and others when at their worst, disgusts me.
So lets say kaiba is like CBA, and actually lacks the intelligence to debate on your level ... does that make his opinion wrong? Let me ask you ... honestly ... before you sat down and thought about this deeply, were you for or against a 30-50man alliance cap? Do you honestly think you have thought about everything impartially? Would you agree it is almost impossible to prove you wrong without actually testing it in practise?

I don't care much for mz's graphs either (long time since I actually saw them, skipped over that bit today) - I do remember thinking "interesting", followed by "data set is too small to actually legitimise the results". Of course, nothing can be done about that, its the only data available - but to use it as "proof" to "help win" an argument isn't really on, and would get laughed out of physics, hopefully economics too - or maybe not, based on the past few years Then again, I'm not a statistics expert - just going off my intuition built up over the years talking to experimentalists - could be the results are quite legitimate. Don't think I'll call in any favours to find out, but feel free to insist that they are if you know otherwise! I will succumb to an expert's view on this point quite hapilly without getting my knickers in a twist

This debate is like politics for me - it all more or less comes down to your fundamental philosophy on life (pa) - which depends strongly on your upbringing (what alliances you've been in). Your opinions+proof are all built up around that, for most people. If any of you chaps that are against small tags can honestly say that you started out pro-small tags, but have since been dissuaded by these arguments.... I might eat my own words Otherwise this thread is like watching tories (mostly, sophisticated with good educations and grammar) battling it out with labourites (mostly, the opposite ). Or if hcs of more varied alliances all came in going "i agree with tzu" I may eat my own words as well!

And I know I've dodged posting my own ""logic"" again, really can't be bothered since its all gonna be repeats - may well do it though. Though I like to think I've posted for the last time for a few years \o/ Sorry to disappoint you membrivio.

Basically, all my posts have been one long-winded version of "I think these forums are pretty bad (though amusing in areas) and don't encourage proper debate or discussion at all, whatsoever - so I won't bother contributing, whilst still posting instead of ****ing off and leaving you to it"
BigGayAl is offline   Reply With Quote