View Single Post
Unread 16 May 2010, 20:21   #170
BigGayAl

BigGayAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alliance player limit

quite interesting tzu - like I said, I wasn't sure on my relativity knowledge - just going off the general impression I'd gathered over the years. I'm very surprised I'm that wrong though... but lack inclination to read up on the boring area. Your article is also highly biassed which makes me question it's authenticity in some areas. Similarly I could para-phrase a quote from Richard Feynman - something like: "anyone can understand relativity - no on understands quantum mechanics.". And I can assure you he did understand relativity And its certainly a viewpoint I agree fully with, though I never did the proper hardcore general relativity at a high level.

Oh, on a minor sidenote, "So there were problems known even during Newtons day with his theory." - those are almost theological problems with the theory. Sure they existed, but sure as hell weren't motivation for a new theory, or any indication that the theory was wrong.

I want 30-40 man tags based on my 9yr experience of pa. I have no inclination to discuss it though: I understand that you chaps have thought about it far longer and harder than I have (does not make you right). There isn't a single point I could make where you wouldn't angrilly mock it and paste a link to some relatively flimsy data to back you up. You are also all extremely one-sided on the issue, and are almost ganging up on anyone that thinks differently. Finally, I also don't fancy being patronised by the likes of kenny, when I can't physically reach out and smack him about.

Aye, think I'll leave you all to..... erm, continue going round in circles. Have fun patronising the people who haven't penetrated your intimate circle kenny! Good luck kaiba!

(ps. the posts by tzu and jester were pretty great, for what its worth... but just because you go to that effort to discuss your point, doesn't mean kaiba/etc are to be ignored+ridiculed just because they won't do it themselves)
BigGayAl is offline   Reply With Quote