View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2006, 10:25   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Possible Gal setup (maybe just one off round)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I think that this proposed system benefits the elite and hurts those in smaller alliances.
My alliance is currently ranked under 20th, and I think it would benefit me. Obviously there's a disagreement here.
Quote:
At least the present system gives everyone an equal chance - this one would simply be a return to the 'bad old days' of private galaxies.
No it doesn't. The current system benefits those who can afford to exile rabidly for the first 100 ticks or so while maintaining a good enough size, score and activity to appeal to self-exilers.

Quote:
Frankly alliances with the organisation of 1up/eXil/(Omen?) could put 15 members in a galaxy and boom! ETA 5 defence to each other. Super-gals should no longer be acceptable.
I think you'll find that most alliances don't want 15 of their members in the same galaxy. Last time I played with 1up the limit was 2 to a buddypack of 3 so we wouldn't get 6 1up in the same galaxy.

Super galaxies are still possible, they just require luck to get. I don't like that. If people want to build a super galaxy, they should be allowed to try. Not all super galaxies succeed, but at least they would have an equal opportunity to try to succeed based on merit rather than luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
As furball says thats always been the biggest problem with any private galaxy system. It leaves the game on a class system where you leave the best alliances in galaxies that are nigh on untouchable apart from maybe the other top alliances while everyone else becomes easy targets to pick off. Now this may be good for the top alliances initially BUT its not good for the game in the long run because once a player quits a round, or an alliance is forced to quit the round the chance of them returning is greatly reduced and the game needs these lower players to support the higher players.
What you don't understand is that most top alliances will not want their members' galaxies full of other top alliances. If their galaxies are consistently filled with members from a certain alliance or set of alliances, their political moves are limited. It is better for top alliances to have more even alliance distributions in their galaxies so that politics don't **** them over.

You think there is some sort holy lower player that needs to be protected from the upper tier of play. But you're wrong. The upper tier needs the lower tier more than it needs itself.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote