View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 17:53   #7
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold
Re: Random roid discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I will reply to this later this evening when I have time.

However, my initial reaction is that it is all relative.

For instance, (and this is completely random figures), say someone has 1000 roids and look for targets that ahve 500 roids. (50% is easy for me to calc).

If everyone has more roids, then the total you have goes up. Say 1200. Thus you are looking at getting targest with 600 roids. THis means you are still hitting the same targets.
With the percentages staying the same.

I may of completely missed the point though, I am certainly in a rush
Well...as small planets will gain free roids faster than bigger planets, the overall difference in size would diminish, as would the difference in increase-speed of value. This would relativate the differences between the top and the bottom (a little), and indeed delay stagnation. But it wouldn't eliminate the roots of the problem or solve the problem.

The same effect could easily be achieved, without any complicated formula, by giving everyone one free roid per tick: let's say top planet then has 524 instead of 500, and bottom planet now has 274 instead of 250. The relative difference will diminish from the top player having 2 times the bottom player's roids to the top player having approx. 1.91 times the bottom player's roids. Additionally, it would provide a constant roid flow/increase to the universe, which hardly is the case now after the initiating phase at round start.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr

Last edited by XelNaga; 8 Mar 2007 at 18:33.
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote