View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2007, 02:19   #23
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Emergency Assistance Needed

Excellent. Please do report this. What instant messenger protocol do you use? As long as she doesn't use a proxy to access the internet you may be able to obtain her IP address. With this information you can get a rough estimate of her location and importantly what ISP she uses.

I expect positive reputation if I imprison a scammer, GD.

[edit]

actually this should be quite simple. there is a windows command line program called netstat. this shows you all your active internet connections, including the IP addresses of the sender and receiver. when you use instant messenger programs normally this isn't much help because your messages go through aol, microsoft, google, whoever's server. however, when you send a file you initiate a direct connection. therefore, you can use netstat during the connection to view the respective IP addresses.

you need to practice with netstat and file transfer now. find someone who knows their IP address (www.whatismyipaddress.com helps) and send them a file using your instant messenger program. during this transfer issue the command "netstat -a". find the line in netstat's output (which should look something like this) that correlates to your friend's IP address. once you're happy with this move onto the next step.

find a plausible excuse to send this woman a file. but the file must be large enough to give you time to issue "netstat -a". use netstat to obtain her IP address. give us her IP address. win.

i'm not sure if the FBI will accept this as evidence. but nevertheless, you should definitely try it.

Last edited by Hebdomad; 8 Dec 2007 at 02:56.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote