View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2006, 06:28   #46
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: [Football] England Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
England should play 4-1-3-1-1 .
I think with the team as so:

------------------------------Owen------------------------------------

-------------------Gerrard---------------------------------------------

--J.Cole------------------D.Beckham---------------------SWP/Lennon--

----------------------------Carrick------------------------------------

--A.Cole-------------Terry-----------Carragher--------------G.Neville--

-----------------------------Robinson---------------------------------

How Owen Hargeaves and Jenas get into the Squad everytime i'll never understand.

No Lampard? Are you crazy or just a tottenham fan?

Wallcott is an impact player is how Svens described him. He's the type of player who can come on and make something happen with 20minutes to go in a game. This isnt neccessarily then a bad idea. He has pace in abundance and can strip most defenders in the world easily. Read Kolo Toure speaking about him and how he skins him in training. Toures not a slow guy and by the sounds of it Wallcott was really sliding past him with ease. Some of this goals for Southampton were also top class. I dont agree with him being picked, but i do understand why he has been.

Next point... no Scott Carson but Rob Green and David James? Simply wrong in my opinion. If only Chris Kirkland had had more of an injury free season (again) and we could have a really decent 2nd choice goalie.

Owen Hargreaves.... Hasnt even been playing well for Bayern. He has been playing regularly though and against Germans so is this anything to do with it? Seeing as were scheduled to get germany in quarters or semi's i think it is?

Jermaine Jenas? Has been playing okay(ish) at Tottenham without ever really setting the world a-light. I would have been much happier to see someone like Kevin Nolan come in. He is then a cover for the strikers if things go badly wrong whilst being a superb midfielder if (god forbid) Crouch can learn to head the ball properly within a month.

Formation wise its going to be a 4-5-1 for at least the start of the competition with the first choice team being:

------------------Robinson--------------------------
Neville------- Rio-------------Terry----------A.Cole---
------------------M.Carrick--------------------------
Beckham-----------------------------J.Cole-----------
---------Gerrard------------Lampard------------------
---------------------Owen----------------------------

Dont be surprised to see beckham flirting with the holding midfield role and either moving Joe Cole up the field and giving stewart downing a show on the left, or Gerard and Beckham swapping possibly quite regurlarly during the match.

On a side not: wheres Kieran Richardson? Should have been a spot in at the very least the reserves for him. Got to be a real real dent in his confidence.