View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2006, 16:37   #26
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] England Squad

Walcott did play first team football last season, for Southampton against the likes Crewe and Luton Town, I imagine Robert Carlos and co are currently quaking in their boots.

I saw Walcott play against us on New Years Eve, it says it all that the dire Rhys Weston (Who we just gave a free transfer to) managed to dominate him for 70 minutes until he was substituted. He certainly has talent but he didn't look ready for the Championship five months ago unless he's improved beyond all recognition playing for Arsenal reserves then it could be an amusing World Cup.

I imagine Defoe is pretty annoyed, his opportunities have been limited this year but when he has played he's had an impact and bagged 10 goals, he must have thought he'd just about done enough with his performance yesterday. Also Bent (While maybe not International quality) is the second highest scorer in the Premiership in a second tier team yet is omitted in favour of an unplayed striker, it really does beg belief.

I think the side Phang posted is most likely although Beckham will play instead of Lennon despite all his deficiencies, Beckham with Sven in charge can't be dropped despite the fact he's not very good anymore. The side is still fairly solid, it has a good back five with two world class players, good centre midfielders even if they haven't played brilliantly together yet and a left winger who's been in fine form all year and finally living up to his hype. There are still the obvious problems at right wing and up front, hopefully Beckham and Walcott will both break their legs in a nasty training accident meaning Sven will call up Defoe and Bent, one of whom can start the first few games instead of Owen. We can all hope ! If that doesn't happen then England are going to have to rely on Frank "I don't do big games" Lampard wacking in a lot of goals.

Last edited by Hicks; 8 May 2006 at 16:50.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote