View Single Post
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 16:10   #12
rain

rain can only hope to improve
Re: How frustrating is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
rain isn't however talking about just new players though is he, he's talking about ANY planet who lands in your galaxy and cant initially be exiled and quite frankly block gal status for anyone who cant be exiled or giving a GC the ability to choose who can and can not see the gal status is immensely unfair and abusable.

1) Why should someone whos being exiled around the universe just because the galaxy they land in are elitist snobs not be allowed to take part in the galaxy fully thus proving that they are worthwhile keeping or for that matter being unable to see when an income isn't still coming on a planet they are defending just because they are new

2) GC's getting the power to block galaxy status access is immensely dangourous. We already have certain alliances in this game who actively encourage members not to report incoming on their galaxy mates that belongs to rival alliances, Now you would be able to cut off certain people from knowing when incoming was happening thus cut off groups of players and hence damage them and their alliances rounds
1) Active, decent new players are priceless for any gal. I always encouraged new players in my gal, offered them resources, targets and scans, just to help them grow hence help the gal grow(anyone playing with me in the past can confirm this). And my past gals always ended high in top, which shows this is the way to take. I cared about the gal members quality and always tryed to improve it. Any GC not interested in new players is a dumb ass and not worthy to lead a gal and those ´elitist snobs´ are exactly what you called them: some elites in snobbism, nothing to do with PA elite. Quick parallel to rules changed and PA ´improvements´, they´re always made by ppl not quite elite in PA and sometimes consequences are disastrous. As well as posting in forums, it can be done by anyone, unfortunatelly most posts are bullshit. Nothing we can do in both cases. PA is getting worse every round, but it´s where our friends are hanging around.
2) Staying in a hostile galaxy is another dumb thing that most players would avoid. When you realise your incoming was not reported on purpose, you realise you´re playing alone and your chances to survive are even worse than if you´d play in last gal in top, as your attackers can return tomorrow and the day after and your incoming will still not be reported, so why not exile to increase your chances to survive? Tip to GCs: If you or your friends ingal actually don´t report incomings on purpose, go find another game, you´ll never excel in this one. Weak gals never last. How can you still stay on same irc channel with ppl you just betrayed. This ain´t a single player game ffs. Play team or go hide in the mountains and hunt wild animals or go fishing.