View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 03:00   #11
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Internet Arguing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I dare anybody to argue with this approach. My general opinion is that most people (that i tend to "argue" with) have made up their minds already and although those opinions may be wrong "why bother arguing with them?".

whilst id agree this does happen, as i said earlier i am concious of this in myself and try to overcome it, it basically comes down to ego everyone thinks the world would be better if it was run by them and find it difficult to empathise with another pov, its especially difficult if you've wasted 4 pages arguing.

I tend to find that after posting on GD whenever i debate anywhere else i initially spend quite a period of time clarifying what exactly the other person 'means', its less of a problem on GD since the quality of posting is higher, but on other forums its often the case that the 'other person' hasn't really thought through their opinions and is instead bombarding you with stuck together tabloid opinions. Instead of debating what anyone 'thought' the debate was about more time is taken getting rid of very tangential points and and attempting to get together some sort of 'core point'.