View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 01:47   #137
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
This is just another way of looking at the exact same problem.
No, adding restrictions to the game to compensate for poor game design decisions isn't the way to solve it. Promote attacking at other times, don't just punish players wanting to attack during the night.

A quick suggestion would be to speed up the game so it doesn't take a fleet between 16-20 hours to attack and return. All players attack at once because their attack fleets are often only usable once a day. If players and alliances can attack twice a day or more in groups then we might see more than just the single night time attack swarm.

If my fleets took just 8 hours to attack and return, then I could possibly do some daytime attacks fairly easily.

Another issue to look at would be the galaxy overview screen. Whilst it's been a feature since day 1 - is this actually helping the game these days or is it a hindrance? It's damn difficult to get a fleet through during the day as an increased number of players can report it for their galaxy to the players alliance. In the first few rounds with galaxies filled with useless players - chances are your galaxy wouldn't report anything, you'd be on your own.

Force players to login to see their incomings. Once they see them they can report it to their galaxy if they want to get help with it.

I know these aren't the best ideas, I'm sure someone else can come up with something better. However anything which makes daytime attacking more viable would be better than punishing night attacks.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote