Thread: Poetry
View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 16:57   #13
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Poetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Do any of you like poetry? Have you read any poetry outside of school? Have a favourite poem/poet? Ever tried (seriously) writing a poem?

I think GD needs more literary threads.
yes.

this is something i hold pretty close to me, i never managed to find out who it was by, and it was recited to me by the vocalist of one of my favourite bands (Gatbsys American Dream):

"there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but i'm too tough for him, i say, "stay in there, i'm not going to let anybody see you". there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but i pour whiskey on him and inhale cigarette smoke and the whores and the bartenders and the grocery clerks never know that he's in there. there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but i'm too tough for him, i say, "stay down, do you want to mess me up? you want to screw up the works? you want to blow my book sales in Europe?" there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but i'm too clever, i only let him out at night sometimes when everybody's asleep. i say, "i know you're there, so don't be sad." then i put him back, but he's singing a little in there, i haven't quite let him die and we sleep together like that with our secret pact and it's nice enough to make a man weep, but i don't weep, do you?"

edit:
it's not exactly poetry mind you but still.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote