View Single Post
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 12:30   #34
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: The portal (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
you blame us for not bringing in more volunteers to help out, yet when we ask for help we get little to no response. everyone's quick to criticize, yet no one's quick to jump on board. requests to join the team don't get ignored, but with any business a process is in place to ensure we get the 'right person' for the job. someone who's able to work well with the rest of the team, someone who's very knowledgeable in the area they'll be helping with, someone who has the time to volunteer, and in case of coding and pateam things, someone who's willing to leave their alliance to focus on the game in a non-biased environment.
Don't you dare try and pass the blame onto people not volunteering. If it's anything like the experience when I've tried to offer help then I'm surprised that anyone does.

Back in August last year I replied to this post by Kal offering to help. I sent an offer of help by forum PM, I never got a reply. Thinking that maybe it got lost I contacted him on IRC just to make sure. Did I ever receive a reply? Never. I didn't receive a reply saying either yes or no? Never. Did he bother forwarding any interest to the person who was to become the portal manager? No.

I offered myself for the recent developer position as well. I did actually get some replies from Appocomaster for this up to a certain point. After not receiving a yes or a no for 2 weeks I had to ask about the status of things. Apparently they're using an existing person who was already under NDA from before. Why bother to advertise externally when you should've advertised internally first?

Looks like I'm not the only one though. Mit puts in a bid to develop the portal and doesn't get any reply. Chef was contacted about running the portal and never got a further reply. Are you seriously claiming that requests don't get ignored?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote