Thread: Cancelling AOL
View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 12:37   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cancelling AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Then you pay off the agency, and AOL cancel your subscription, and you get what you were after in the first place.
The problem is that depending on how they operate, you might find yourself paying for 2-3 months of service that you don't use.

I had a similar issue with one of my old phones. It was past it's year contract period and so I phoned to cancel. Twice I was placed on hold to the cancellation department for twenty five minutes and then cut off. I then wrote in, but they denied receiving the letter and then in another phone call cut me off again while on hold to the cancellation department. In the interim I had cancelled my Direct Debit, but they reckoned I had 4 months of line rental until they eventually cancelled it. I got letters from various debt collectors, it may have been to court by now (I doubt it). My credit rating is already destroyed though so I wasn't worried.

Obviously I should have challenged the eventual bill but contacting these companies is made such a deliberately annoying task that I didn't bother. I've moved since this happened so I'm not sure what's going on at the moment.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote