View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 19:26   #25
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The rules for being a player, as stated by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
No wonder some of you do well then. All you have to do to set up farms is merely have them and never 'volunteer' them. So long as its not voluntary, (now, there is another whole effing thread right there), its not a farm.
Marvellous logic.

*Sigh*
A farmer is a person who attacks a planet which he knows will not be defended. A non-farmer attacks planets which may receive defence, depending on the capabilities of the planet under attack, his galaxy and alliance. There's an interesting thread on the suggestions forum which discusses the role played by illegitimate farms in past rounds and the pros and cons of banning such farming.

A person who tries to get defence for themselves cannot be a farm. Let me give you an example: imagine that you and I are in the same galaxy. You don't like me (perhaps I attacked your friends, or insulted you, or whatever), and you encourage someone else to attack me. By your definition, I am now a 'farm'. But I am still entirely capable of getting defence from my alliance or from other planets in the galaxy, or friends in the cluster. In these circumstances, I am obviously not a farm. I might be annoyed by your behaviour, but maybe I deserved it for repeatedly attacking your alliance, or for insulting you? I'm certainly not anyone's farm in this scenario.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote