View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 18:17   #14
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The rules for being a player, as stated by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
"Most of my galaxies have been like that. I think, perhaps, that you have unrealistic expectations though. An alliance is always going to be a more reliable source of def than a galaxy, unless you have a really good galaxy, so it's logical for players to put their first loyalty with their alliance. Have you given your gal-mates any reason to do otherwise? Have you discussed this with them?"

You didn't take in what I said. This stuff is not about who gives you the most defense. That is a separate issue. Neither an Alliance nor a Gal is a more 'reliable' source of defense. That's variable in both cases, with Alliances certainly capable of giving you 'heavier' defence.

"You can't just expect people to do as you want without offering anything in return. Expecting a bunch of total strangers who simply happened to be randomly placed with you to put your interests ahead of the interests of the alliance they've been part of for several rounds (with loyalties which go back years) is completely unrealistic."

Then the outlook is grim.

"But if you can offer some kind of advantage to them for doing so, perhaps they will consider it. It doesn't take much to build up some basic tribal loyalty in PA; personally, I tend to be fiercely defensive of galaxy members that I believe are contributing to the galaxy, but I couldn't care less about those who don't contribute. Why should I show loyalty to people who are there by random chance?"

I wonder how far that loyalty goes when you are told by your alliance not to def in gal.

"My guess is that there are specific individuals in your galaxy who have 'backstabbed' you (by not defending you against their alliance or something like that) and, rather than talk to them about it, you have decided that they must be wrong to do so, and have gone to AD to complain about it. I might be wrong, but I've been around long enough to know that most people will complain before having sufficiently engaged their brains and certainly before trying to find a real solution to their problem."
I can only point you to 1-4 so you can re-read it.

It seems the moral boundaries that exist in terms of farming (clearly seen as bad) are simply ignored in other areas of the game. While that is the case, this playerbase will collapse to zero.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote