View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 18:02   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The rules for being a player, as stated by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
There was a time where being part of a gal meant something, and you'd watch their back, and they'd watch yours.
Most of my galaxies have been like that. I think, perhaps, that you have unrealistic expectations though. An alliance is always going to be a more reliable source of def than a galaxy, unless you have a really good galaxy, so it's logical for players to put their first loyalty with their alliance. Have you given your gal-mates any reason to do otherwise? Have you discussed this with them?

You can't just expect people to do as you want without offering anything in return. Expecting a bunch of total strangers who simply happened to be randomly placed with you to put your interests ahead of the interests of the alliance they've been part of for several rounds (with loyalties which go back years) is completely unrealistic. But if you can offer some kind of advantage to them for doing so, perhaps they will consider it. It doesn't take much to build up some basic tribal loyalty in PA; personally, I tend to be fiercely defensive of galaxy members that I believe are contributing to the galaxy, but I couldn't care less about those who don't contribute. Why should I show loyalty to people who are there by random chance?

My guess is that there are specific individuals in your galaxy who have 'backstabbed' you (by not defending you against their alliance or something like that) and, rather than talk to them about it, you have decided that they must be wrong to do so, and have gone to AD to complain about it. I might be wrong, but I've been around long enough to know that most people will complain before having sufficiently engaged their brains and certainly before trying to find a real solution to their problem.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote