View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2008, 23:37   #35
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: No new alliances?

I completely agree, having had several newbies land in my gal in each of the last few rounds it has been a real trial to get them up to speed and understanding everything, and frankly I am getting quite sick of doing it round after round, I dont see how the learning alliances like ASS and F-crew can stick with it!

I can see why many experienced players treat newbies with disdain, effectively demanding they work out a large amount of the game before the experienced players will help (by demanding IRC activity)

on the alliance issue I agree that there does not seem to be too many more ppl than in the previous few rounds... and I certainly dont think there are more experienced players playing, and presumably there is a higher proportion of those who are playing are playing an easy round in which they dont what to be a HC or an officer for an alliance... in such circumstances I dont really see how new alliances could be formed.

moreover with no change in the limits and meny alliances having not been full last round there is not really a need for new alliances this round, should simply mean more full tags. Afterall if there were more new players for a free round this would not mean that the experienced player base would be any more helpful or willing to put the time in to teach them than it is.

ps I note there is a very large number of players in C200 (245) while I have never before paid attention to how many are in C200 so dont have a point of comparison I suspect it balances out with the slightly higher than usual number of accounts for the stage of the round we are at... has anyone paid closer attention to C200 at this stage of the round than I have who wishes to say whether I am correct or wrong?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote