View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 10:38   #34
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
I have never, ever met a person who'd classify having sex with a consenting minor as rape.
Quite a lot people of child care groups do that. The reasoning is simple - a child (speaking of for example an 8 year old girl*) is not able to consciously consent to having sex because the child is incapable of judging the scope of the engagement. The child isnt yet mentally capable to make this descision. This isnt unreasonable considering that sexual education and self-awareness regarding sexuality didnt yet happen**.

Additionally childs are much easier to manipulate as they are usually fully dependant on adults. They cant judge if its true that "everybody does that, but dont tell anybody" and there are lots of ways to subtly coerce childs into "giving consent".

No consent*** -> rape

Its really just the same like the fact that persons below a certain age are not allowed to go into some legal agreements. Otherwise i would assume that the market for organs of 5 year olds would drastically rise and the price of a liver would be around 2 buckets of vanilla icecream.

*: no matter where you draw the line of age - it will always be "unfair" for some, but i assume 8 years is low enough for most even on GD

**: this is usually the point where some pro paedophile groups cite "funny" studies "proving" that babies already can "enjoy" sexual feelings

***: the whole consent problem is really much more "difficult" with mentally challenged/ill adults. By the same reasoning you would need to forbid them having sex. For some reason however, this isnt in the focus of the public and basically ignored.

Last edited by Ramihyn; 12 Jul 2006 at 10:46.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote