View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 23:02   #5
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Working with a sex offender, could you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I doubt it would be your first choice for a neighbour, but I'd imagine if you found out that a former bank robber lived next door you'd not be particularly worried they were going to abduct/harm your kid.

yeah but id be worried they'd harm me (unless we're talking about the non violent type of bank robber), the type of neighbour that would irritate/cause fear is a subjective thing, im quite sure the level of degeneracy that you and your friends partake in would reduce the level of 'neighbourlyness' you presented, if i found out a child sex offender was living next door i wouldn't automatically chain my nonexistent children to the radiator, if they presented a real threat they'd probably still be in prison. The terms that are used to label individuals are so broad as to be nearly meaningless id much rather have Graham Rix as a neighbour than the now dead boss of enron. When someone says 'child sex offender' they normally allude to an abducting rapist, taking into account the very very low level of such crimes and the likelyhood that anyone who was convicted of such a crime would be kept in prison till they no longer presented a threat and within the child rape stats the number of people who are family members; i can honestly say in all rationality i wouldn't be pack my family in the car and move if my neighbour was a convicted sexoffender.