Thread: dyslexia
View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 16:08   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
is it that frustrating that your pictures don't turn out as well as some of the other kids'?
No, of course not. It's frustrating because I had zero interest in art. Perhaps this was a reaction to not being as good as others, but whatever the reason the whole thing was incredibly boring, and I could have been becoming genuinely good at maths instead of trying desperately to be "average" at everything.
Quote:
What's the point of sitting in a 2 hour maths lesson when you could have answered any question relevant to it after the first 10 minutes and you have to sit around waiting for the teacher to explain it to the slow kids?
"Independent learning". There's no need to wait for the "slow kids", in fact there's no reason why everyone should be learning the same subject at the same time.

Basically I consider it a waste that I had to sit around learning (or trying to learn) things that I'll never use, whereas the skills I use every day (e.g. computer skills) were atrophying. Maybe it wouldn't have worked like this, but if you add up all the hours I spent doing art, or music or German and converted that into more science / maths / IT lessons I think my education would have gone better.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote