Thread: dyslexia
View Single Post
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:42   #31
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
cool - thanks mate, appreciate the advice and help, its got me all worried this has :s
Not that you've made many mistakes, probably far fewer than I do, but to me you actually come off with somebody who probably could have a slight case of dyslexia.

As opposed to most people who complain about being 'dyslectic', you actually have decent sentence structure etc. I mean, the wast majority of people complaining about being dyslectic use horrible long sentences without punctuation. They simply write like they speak. They lack practice in writing, and most likely haven't read all that much either, so they have no idea what makes text easy to read. Given their lack of practice, it's no wonder they suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
My spelling and grammar is better when im not in a hurry, also i know english is important in all sublects but im a science teacher not an A level english teacher.
Example of horrible sentence, which probably would have sounded ok if spoken, but reads horribly.