View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 06:00   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ITT you say things that you know will get you neg repped

In this post I will be edgy by controversially claiming to dislike popular things.

1) 'The Simpsons' has very little substance. Yes its often clever, but its impossible to connect with or care about the characters, due to their being completely 1-dimensional. See something like Seinfeld for an example of how a show can be hilarious, yet still have interesting plots and effective characterisation.

2) The Smiths would have been better if Morrisey had written more proper songs rather than continually writing lyrics that are very clever oh look how clever my lyrics are arent I cynical and clever.

3) Contrary to popular opinion, the sixties sucked for music. The Beatles are easily the most overrated band of all-time, since with the exception of Seargant Pepper their backcatalogue consists mostly of soulless, bland crap. Pet Sounds is a boring album, and the rest of the 'music' produced during the 60's is largely beneath comment. Producing yet another half-hearted lovesong does not constitute talent. People who like 60's music generally fall into 2 categories - those who grew up during the decade and connect the music with whatever hippy crap they were doing, and rate it based on their nostalgic memories rather than its quality, and people who didnt grow up during the 60's yet have constantly been told that 60's music is good to the point where they believe it. Music began in the 70s.

4) Catchphrase based comedy is one of the lowest forms of humour. Little Britain is shit for this very reason.

5) My Bloody Valentine - Loveless is not a good album.

6) The type of humour a person likes can say a lot about their character. Enjoying material which primarilly revolves around the suffering of others is a decent indicator that you are a bitter individual filled with ressentiment and general hatred of life. "Beadle's About" and "Space Cadets" are good examples of the sort of thing I mean, since both are essentially just sophistacted versions of laughing at people that trip up while walking along the street. People who are constantly self-deprecating also fall into this category - theres an excellent quote by Ayn Rand that is so memorable that I cant remember it, however it involved claiming that it was twisted to either maliciously laugh at something you value, or mock the good for being good.

edit: top 10 lists are better than top 6 lists so I'll pad it out by throwing in random political topics which I've found people tend to dislike.

7) The idea that males have an 'obligation' towards unwanted children is hideously hideously wrong, and is rooted in a fairly anti-life conception of duty ethics. The right for a woman to have an abortion, and the right for a man to disassociate completely from a pregnancy before the child is born without having to support the child in any way both stem from the same underlying principle, and if you support one without the other then you are a hypocrite.

8) I dont understand why people oppose abortion as a means of contraception, designer babies (eg picking sex/hair colour/etc), the selling of organs ("I'll donate you a kidney if you pay me £10000") or cosmetic surgery for non-medical reasons ("I'd like a nicer jawline"). Even among people who believe these things should be legal, there tends to be some deep-rooted unease towards them and it strikes me as baseless.

9) There is no real justification for limiting the rights of either children or the 'mentally ill'. Invent all the rationalisations you like, but you wont be able to find a consistent reason that amounts to anything more than 'because I say so'.

10) Incest taboos are completely irrational, and no, I dont give a shit about evolutionary psychology. If you want to have sex with your cousin and marry her afterwards, go ahead.

Last edited by Nodrog; 26 Dec 2005 at 06:57.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote