Thread: How many days?
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 07:41   #32
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How many days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
part of the proposal is judicial review every 7 days.

It's not entirely clear what level of court this will entail (nothing will really be known until the vote tomorrow).

I am sceptical of the scope of such judicial review. I am also sceptical of how a court could release a suspect when the police will be swearing under oath that they still believe he is a terrorist threat. the only evidence available to the court will be from the police. If the police didn't still suspect he was a terrorist then presumably they would have already released him. so every 7 day review will only occur because the police want to continue detaining the suspect.

Also they're going to have to modify legal aid laws because as things stand the suspect wouldn't get a free lawyer and I can't imagine these people are going to be rich enough (also it does seem like an extra kick in the teeth to say "i'm going to detain you for 90 days, i have no evidence against you, i'm not charging you with a crime, oh and by the way IF you do want to try and get out of this cell then you'll have to pay for your own lawyer")

Doesn't the European Constitution make noises about legal representation for everyone ? I'm not trying to pick holes in your arguement, i'm just trying to get my head round Blair dragging us into the European Superstate while picking and choosing which European rules to abide by.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote