View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:10   #35
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Cricket, Aussies or Poms ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo

But in ODIs the bowlers are limited in the amount of short stuff they can bowl, this isn't really the case in Tests unless they go above shoulder/head height and a good bouncer should only come up to your neck. He won't have faced this kind of bowling in the ODIs, county championship he might've done but there's a huge leap between county and international level. I didn't see too much of the recent one dayers but i would hazard a bet that quite a few of his runs went to where the slips are in the Tests?
Yeh it will be a completely different league from what he is used too, but seeing him slog a four off a gillespie bouncer yesterday showed he isn't afraid of some tougher bowling. To be honest as well he seems to rarly go for little push shots to the slip position, most his shots go onto the legside. It will be real interesting whatever happens though, at least this ashes there might be a contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
I agree, he's also a very good fielder. Just out of interest, do you play yourself?
not for a while used too play a bit in school, just an armchair fan now! Rugby/football was my thing mainly. You play at all??

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote