View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:10   #26
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Cricket, Aussies or Poms ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Why? Thorpe has probably been our best player against Australia over the years and is by far the best player of spin. I know if i was Australia, and a couple of Aussies i play with agree, i'd rather be playing against Pietersen than Thorpe. Pietersen has a tendency to get himself out, whereas you know that Thorpe will grind away for everything. I reckon that Pietersen will play in the Tests, however the selectors will start with Thorpe, provided that he actually declares himself fit enough to play. Wouldn't surprise me if Ed Joyce made an appearance either.

Flintoff is one of our strike bowlers at the moment and relieves the pressure from Harmison, Hoggard and Simon Jones when they aren't firing on all cylinders.
Don't get me wrong, thorpe has been one of our best batsmen for a long time, I just think with all his injury problems and with the fact that he is retiring from internationals after the ashes it is time too give a young player a go. Evreyone doubted Pietersen before the winter tour and people doubted if he could stand the pressure of playing against the australians but he has proved the doubters wrong. I can't think of much more he can do, and I know if I was a selector I would have his name first on the list.

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote