Thread: Well done Ult
View Single Post
Unread 13 Oct 2012, 10:23   #303
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Well done Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
What exactly is your point? The best alliances adapt. Fury and Legion would also have done so (and heck they did, in Titans and Eclipse/1up). A not insignificant number of old Fury/Legion people have played in Ascendancy and done well. It's not an egostroke to give someone good advice based on experience. And that's what most people have tried to do in this thread.

If you actually had any clue about the old days, you would know it was riddled with multiplanets, password sharing and huge amounts of power abuse by alliance leaders. For all it's faults, PAX has done a lot to eliminate those problems.

There's actually no reason a power structure like Asc had couldn't have worked in old PA. It worked for us with 110 planets too. It's all about leaving it in the hands of all your members instead of a few chosen bc's/dc's.
I understand all of that Golan. My point is, I guess, is out of frustration at the games swindling playerbase and lack of development during the time I have played it. It dosn't help that whenever I check these forums for new updates / any reform coming / in the game etc I simply see the same posts by the same players recyled over and over.

The conversations regarding the best way to play pa on these threads only talk about post pax when we had such a small playerbase. Imagine giving everyone in HR (for example - or f-crew as it was) the same powers people have had in Asc/Ult and such... It would not of worked as well. Therefore I will highlight the same point again, Asc always had the most hardcore / active & I will use the word 'mature' here playerbase. Let us not forget that.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote