View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2007, 13:52   #12
The Wanderer

The Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really nice
Re: return of the cargo ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
If Cargoships were introduced, having a fuel resource would be interesting too, because the cargoships would make your trip worthwhile if you stole enough resources as in fuel.
Yes and NO.
As I said in the bring back the fuel cost thread, fuel costs were really boring. But, yes, at the beginning you can launch your fleets whenever you want.

Cargoships were a good thing in general, cause you could make a resource advatage above others. But only at the beginning of a round.

In my experience, they got more and more worthless the more ships were in the fleets of each player.
I have captured tons of metal but could not build anything with it, cause there were simply no sense in producing more ships, when the ships you have, are on the ground.
And I believe, that with many tactical playing people, the only thing that will happen if they reintroduce fuel costs, is, that the fleetsizes will shrink drastically.

I personaly, used Cargoships as "start up help" ,but discounted them completely after a while of playing and did a kind of early Fake Attack with them.

Edit: But I have forgotten that with the , for me, new possibilitie to exchange with the open market, this disadvatage is gone, too. In an emergency you can deal wirh it. So, Cargoships would be an idea to reintroduce, with fuel cost or not with fuel costs. But its in Covert Operations, and I like Covert Operations for the mood.

Speak my native language as good as I yours, then flame me again.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 27 Jul 2007 at 14:03.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote