View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 06:31   #28
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Logical Fallacies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
To this post I got the following message.

There seem to be some inconsistencies in this response.

First, I am invited to not read beyond the first post of a thread if I feel that the thread is going to be boring.

There is no logical argument to be made for judging an entire thread by the first post in the thread as it has been my observation that some of the most innane first posts have lead to some very interesting or entertaining threads. I will thus decline this invitation and judge a thread only after I have seen a fair sampling of what it offers. It is the more prudent choice and thus more logical.

Second, there is a flat statement that this is a good thread and as explanation for this judgement it is pointed out that this is an important topic for those who like to discuss/debate things online.

Fair enough. However, my joking criticism of the thread was posted and capable of response and discussion/debate. However, there would seem to be a dichotomy between word and action in the message. While proposing the importance of the topic for those who wish to discuss/debate ideas, an anonymous message is rather a perplexing way to foster discussion/debate.

Wouldn't an individual who values discussion try to engage in discussion of a point of view with which they disagree? Anonymous messages tend to limit debate. So I would suggest that one make up their mind as to which they wish to do: foster or limit.
I think that might be a bit of British sarcasm. I think it is saying you should read beyond the first post. I don't know for sure however, I usually just smile and nod and pretend I understand.