View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2010, 14:36   #81
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Prelaunch (split)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
This may be slightly provocative, but I'd dare to venture that removing prelaunch would result in more people to launch defense at night since there is a part of the population that would log in to launch if prelaunch wasn't available.
I hinted at this in earlier posts (though it got snowed under a bit) and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Isn't this... Good? Is it? Do we actually want to game to put a lot of weight on to the time part of the function? How could we add more weight to the strategy part of the mechanism which seems irrelevant?
At the very least I don't think it's bad. Also, I don't think it puts any undue requirements on players that aren't already there. In fact, it removes at least one: you would not longer have to get up at ungodly hours to defend your planet against the fleets of people who are asleep.

As for strategy... PA has never been a game in which you could just tell your members to launch at will and expect to succeed. Instead of sending a few fleets at a time, you coordinate with your allies and launch everything you have at the same time in the hope that they will run out of defence before you run out of attackers. I don't think prelaunch has a lot of impact on that mechanic. Removing it will just shift the time at which you can use fleets most efficiently from 03:00 to 23:00.

It'll be harder to gain roids at 23:00 without prelaunch than it is to gain them at 03:00 with prelaunch, but it'll be easier to hold onto them, too. If that's undisireable (it might be, I don't know), there are other mechanisms to compensate for that (say, the stats).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 5 Aug 2010 at 14:47.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote