View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 19:30   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jade Goody: Enemy of civilisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I've read this twice and am unsure how its meant to be a responce to the paragraph in my post that you quoted, i did start it off by saying 'i can't speak for ireland' which id have hoped would be fairly obvious in indicating it was my pov.
Sorry, but when I saw this :
Quote:
in britain the words chav, rudeboy et al aren't synonyms for the 'white working class'
I thought you were denying the possibility that the word chav was used in Brain to refer to a specific subset of people. Chav isn't synonomous with "white working class" simply because the latter group is larger than the former and there are plenty of white working class people who aren't chavs (even according to the stereotypes). But I would say that in the majority of cases, chavs does refer to lower class persons, or people who act in such a fashion. Of the many dubious etymologies of the word chav, several are related to gypsies and at least one refers to the "ch" in "chav" standing for Council Housing.
Quote:
All of them are using the word chav as synonyms for prick, and yes they're out of context.
I'd say they're doing more than that. I'm pretty sure at least one of the posters of such remarks (now no longer with us) would probably stand by the comments too. Yeah, there are context, but calling for the sterilisation of a group of people is more than just calling someone a prick.

That's why I especially emphasised the idea of sterilisation. Sure, you might use that in relation to isolated individuals (i.e. "I'd prefer it if Sunday8pm didn't breed") but usually there's at least the implication that there's something about those people (i.e. a genetic tendency) which is likely to be reproduced in their children. Sure, you might want to sterilise someone for non-eugenic reasons, but I suspect that sort of argument isn't very common.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote