View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 13:01   #35
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Jolt meeting, Your questions needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
If you asked 100 players which version of pa they prefered I bet the majority would go back to a more simplistic version. The complexities in the game and its addictive qualities were because the game was simple enough to learn quickly, but as you wanted to become better the strategies and commitment became greater.
(This discussion should probably be in a different thread)

I'm not disagreeing with your point about players preferring the earlier rounds. I know my favourites times were back then. What i do disagree with though is your point that it is completely down to the stats or features. Imo by far the biggest reason those rounds were better is that the universe was huge. This created a much larger roid pool and so less bashing of smaller planets allowing them to grow and get into PA more easily. It also helped reduce stagnation.

Putting r3 stats and features back into PA now would not make a good round, it would be a complete failure due to the extremely small size of the universe.