View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 12:59   #48
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: No new alliances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'd like to hear them, because I can't think of any off the top of my head that couldn't be at least partly classified as 'heirarchy' or 'laissez-faire'.
As these styles are on opposite ends of the same spectrum then, of course, any new ideas would most likely fall in the middle somewhere. And you don't need me to give you ideas, you came up with one all on your own in your very next post!

That said I'd like to clarify something that I didn't make clear enough yesterday. I don't believe that established alliances should necessarily change how they work at all. Taking ND as a convenient example, you guys have a long history of employing the hierarchy style and to good effect on more than one occasion. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it as the saying goes.

My point was much more aimed at the alliances that form every couple of rounds only to dwindle away again. Insomnia is a nice example of this. They've never seemed able to master the hierarchy approach, most rounds they are lucky if they still have a tag at the end. So in this case it is broke, they should try something to fix it.

Then there is the third case of newly forming alliances tending to always follow the most obvious of structuring routes. Surely the founders of these alliances should be looking for a new way to gain an edge on the opposition rather than just following them blindly down the same path and hoping to pass them at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
Would you care to share some of this "overwhelming evidence" with us?
I believe mz answered your question perfectly. If our way can win rounds then so can other ways, people just don't try them out. Or even try to imagine them up. This is strategically self limiting in my opinion, which can probably never be considered a good thing.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote