View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 12:18   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Yes, another PDS thread [but with a difference]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
while i agree ships can be lost while you sleep, PDS can be lost even while you're awake, is that an improvement ?
I wholeheartedly agree with Makhil here. I'd give you rep for it, but apparently i have to spread it around more. Stop making good posts! .

Smudge: i dont think that PDS is the solution to your problem. As Wakey mentioned, the major negatives of PDS havent been addressed; namely it being bad. To be honest, i think what you might be looking for is something that you can protect your fleet with. An idea along the lines of your rank being used in a calculation to hold some of your fleet, eg if you are ranked 2000 of 3000 planets, you could Stash/Hide 2/3 of your fleet at home somewhere, and thus make it unassailable (but also unable to shoot) - that way, the worse ranked your planet is, the more fleet you are able to keep alive, thus reducing the impact of being attacked on the smallest players. Similarly top players who are presumably good, dont need the feature to the same degree and/or have more contacts to rely on other than hardened shelters (plus they have more ships ). An idea along those lines would have been better imo, than PDS with selectable targeting .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote