View Single Post
Unread 17 Nov 2006, 14:44   #13
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Get rid of Religion and you might as well get rid of Charity too. I don't know the numbers but I am quite certain that most Charities are based in religion.
The issue is not weither charities are religious in origin, but weither they are conversionist religions. The Salvation Army places no limits or qualms on its donations. A Lesbian transexual apostate Muslim (yes, both) sodomite three-eyed mutant adulterer would get service just as fast in one of their soup kitchens. Well, probably even faster, because lets face it, thats scary.

When religion is used to help people, then power to it. When religion is used to blackmail the less fortnate into belief, then it is by definition, evil.

Quote:
The most vulnerable members of society need religion and help more than anyone else.
Especially if you offer them free Kool-aid!

Quote:
But helping the disadvantaged is exactly what Jesus wants us to do.
Yeah, but he also wanted to to treat your slaves fairly well. I too am getting tired of this line of argumentation, as it is used nowadays to justify everything the weirdest funamentalist christian could ever want, from "Jesus would want us to oppose a five-day waiting period on handguns" to "Jesus would want us to execute this mentally retarded black man".

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote