View Single Post
Unread 16 May 2006, 19:47   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gotta love lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
so what's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
I dont see why people make such a big fuss about denying that many lawyers are in it for the money. From my experience most of IT students are in it because of the money and i heard that it is the same for law. I personally know more then one lawyer who admitted in private that he is in it for the money - why the irrational claim that once they finish their studying and get a degree they mostly want to make the world a better place and do pro bono work
I never claim extremes.

Few criticise nurses because of Benjamin Geen or doctors because of Harold Shipman.

The majority of solicitors become solicitors because they actually like the law and enjoy the job. they certainly don't remain solicitors if they don't like the law or the job.

Nobody who becomes a solicitor is stupid enough to not realise that there are easier (less stressful less intellectually demmanding) jobs they could be doing for far more money.

I'm afraid that British solicitors simply do not command the salary of their American counter parts and frankly the British training regime/amount of places is just harder.

A lot of the propaganda against 'lawyers' comes from blinkered ignorance (and that ignorance is evident by the fact that such exponents use the phrase 'lawyer' in the first place ...)