View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 13:24   #6
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Copywrited material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
This is fine for pop music, but how do you expect (eg) classical composers or producers of electronic music to earn money under this model?

I think a donation model is more likely when it comes to non-pop music to be honest; the devout fans of artists/bands are unlikely to feel comfortable continually leeching material without rewarding the creator.

I'm not saying that this is the way i wish the world to be, i'm saying this is the way i think the world will end up.

As for niche, non-performance related, music. I suspect what may happen (by which i mean the way i'd do it) is that said artiste will create music and gain something of a reputation (this could be after one piece). They'd then have a website listing all their music (which would be available elsewhere for free). They would then ask for donations to commission a piece. Once the fund got to a pre-set level they would compose the piece for their fans. Such composers could target specific benefactors (looking at the old King type model of a wealthy benefactor being associated with a particular artiste).

Now sure enough an artiste could just produce a piece of cack but that's not gonna get him future sponsorship now is it?! This way might even be better for music with musicians making good music all the time and no filler.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote